This doesn't have to be a psychotherapist or psychiatrist. It's for any type of therapy, for example it could also be brainspotting, reiki, somatic, creative or couples therapy.

I don't know a definition of a trauma specialist. What I mean is things like:

  • Your therapist has done a lot of training about trauma and it's effects (not just a weekend course)
  • They have significant experience of working with survivors of trauma
  • They list trauma or PTSD as a major speciality….

Is Your Therapist A Trauma Specialist?